Depending on your travel insurance policy your baggage benefit compensates you for the delay, loss, or damage of your baggage during your trip. The maximum amount payable is indicated on your insurance certificate and covers the entire duration of your trip and each applicable person. You may also be compensated for expenses incurred, if your checked baggage is delayed for over 12 hours while en route or prior to the return of your trip.
Passport or driver’s licence lost or stolen?
Not only will we aid in providing general assistance to rectify the situation, we also cover the reimbursement of expenses to replace valid travel documents including your passport, driver’s licence and birth certificate or visa in the event that they are lost or stolen during your trip.
Example coverage limitations for Baggage Benefit, Damage or Delay & Personal Effects Insurance
|Insurance Company||Insurance Offered||Coverage Amounts in CAD$|
|Manulife||Baggage Loss or Damage||Up to $1,000 per trip. For Multi-Trip All Inclusive Plan, up to $3,000 per policy year|
|Baggage Delay||Up to $500 per trip. For Multi-Trip All Inclusive Plan, up to $1,500 per policy year|
|Allianz||Baggage Loss or Damage||Up to $1,000|
|Baggage Delay||Up to $200|
|Blue Cross||Baggage Loss or Damage||Up to $1,500|
|Baggage Delay||Up to $500 if delayed 4 hrs. or more|
|Passport Documents||Up to $150|
|GMS||Baggage Loss or Damage||Up to $1,500|
|Baggage Delay||Up to $400 if delayed 12 hrs. or more|
|Passport Documents||Up to $100|
Some insurance companies will also allow for the addition of an increased per item limit. For example, if you travel with an expensive gift(s) or other item(s) you may have purchase additional coverage for $500-$1,000. You may specify that you are travelling with sporting equipment which may have a limit of up to $2,000. And, similarly, if travelling with computer equipment such as a
tablet or laptop which may have a limit of up to $2,000. Each item or item sets must be specified in addition to the standard baggage benefit, damage or delay & personal effects insurance.
Frequent traveller? Make multiple trips not exceeding 17 days to anywhere in the world.
Why Choose My Insurance Broker for your Travel Insurance?
- We offer the best travel insurance rates in Ontario for your out-of-province or overseas travel!
- My Insurance Broker is your one-stop shop for all your travel insurance needs!
- Partnerships with the most internationally acclaimed travel insurance providers with over 70 years’ experience
- We provide assistance prior, during and after your trip
- All-inclusive travel insurance package options including Emergency Medical Care, Trip Cancellation or Interruption, Baggage Benefit, Medical Follow-Up in Canada and more!
- We offer simple and affordable solutions for all your travel insurance needs. Get cheap travel insurance from Canada’s leading insurance providers!